Saturday, July 28

Creating Keepsakes Scrapbook Convention

My sister and I went to Creating Keepsakes Scrapbook Convention in Valley Forge, PA. It was a scrapper's heaven! We got there later in the day, but somehow I still managed to purchase a lot of cool products! Thought I'd share some with you...

I was actually somewhat restrained in my purchases, until I got to this huge display of Heidi Grace products. (Da dat da da... CHARGE!!!)

Let's see, I think I got almost all of Heidi's Maple Crest Court line... I love the corals and evergreens and the muted teals combined with the cream and tan. There are some really beautiful papers and cardstock with flocked, embossed or glittered elements. Not to mention some plastic embellishments, chipboard, and printed or flocked flowers.

And I also didn't miss much of her Cherrywood Lane collection... This line is full of varied shades of pink -- blush and raspberry and mauve -- combined with rich chocolate browns and cool silver. Again, a lot of really pretty paper with flocking, embossing or glitter. I also got the flocked and printed flowers as well as some chipboard, stickers, and rub-ons.

I also got a bunch of BasicGrey paper and ribbon. I love their stuff! And I have a hard time finding their ribbon, paper collection packs of and paper pads at my local craft stores. (Yup! That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it!)

I rounded out my purchases with a few alterable items, some really cute stickers, and a bunch of double-sided paper. I can see a lot of shirt-making in my future...

Well, that's all folks. At least until the next big scrapbook event...

I would like to thank Creating Keepsakes for organizing this wonderful convention. And all of the vendors for putting together such lovely displays that just draw you in to their retail web. And even The Skinny Cow for providing free, low fat ice cream sustenance right in the middle of the convention, thus enabling me to speed-shop my way through the second half of the show! Last, and certainly not least, so many thanks to my dear husband. For none of this would have been possible without his generous support...

No comments: